Love in Action
A campaign calling Christians in Farnham to pray and continue to make a positive difference in our community.
Churches currently supporting the Love in Action campaign:
Why a Campaign?
The Love in Action campaign is an invitation to all Christians in Farnham to make a difference in our town. Local Churches achieve a lot through their own projects and ministry, however some projects are done more effectively and efficiently in collaboration - the Love in Action campaign celebrates this fact!
Being salt and light is not just a bible phrase, but a living truth... Love in Action.
Love in Action sets out to do a number of things:
- Celebrate Churches working together,
- Help every Christian in Farnham know about the collaborative projects in their town,
- Invite Christians to join together to pray for the projects,
- Encourage Christians to consider getting involved as a volunteers in one of the projects,
- Enable and make it easy for those who want to support financially to give to projects in a way that facilitates (where appropriate) Gift Aid to be claimed.
Love in Action Events
Our guest speaker for part Two of the Confident series is Rebecca Manley Pippert. An internationally renowned speaker, evangelist and author. Rebecca has written many times on the topic of sharing your faith simply and flexibly with friends and family. She regularly speaks on spiritual renewal, evangelism and character formation for church conferences, at schools and colleges and in pastoral training seminars.
So come and grow in confidence to share your faith and to have better “God conversations“, and to handle difficult questions, whatever your context.
- What is the one question about the Christian faith that you wouldn’t want to have to answer?
- What are the themes and issues that you hope never come up in conversation with friends who don’t know God?
- And how do you become the kind of person who has regular conversations about God in the first place?
Have you ever wanted to know how to share your faith in an accessible way? The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA) is partnering with the churches of Farnham to reach those who have objections and questions about the Christian faith. By equipping you to share your faith with confidence, in an intelligent and articulate way, OCCA seeks to challenge those who shape the ideas of our culture with the credibility of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saturday 29th September
10.00am - 1.00pm
St Andrews Church
Love in Action Prayer Event
Come and join with us again as we seek God in prayer for our community.
Please register if you plan on attending to help FCCT plan for this event. Come to a different sort of inter-church prayer event!
Sunday 28th October
4.00pm - 5.30pm
St Andrews Church
For more events check out our full diary here...