What is it?
It’s not a joint service, or a mission, or a festival, but simply an outdoor gathering of Christians to celebrate Jesus. The Main Event will be a mixture of songs, stories and inspirational reflections about Jesus Christ and just how relevant He is for Farnham. Many churches will stop services, others have decided to come along after their service for the picnic – whichever way everyone is welcome!
What is happening?
- Sunday 9th July
- Gostrey Meadow
- Rico Tice from All Souls, Langham Place, London
- 10.15 am - Refreshments
- 10.40 am - Kids Registration
- 11 am to 12 noon - Main Event
- 12 noon to 1.30pm - The Big Picnic
- What do you need to bring? Rug or chair to sit on, and a picnic.
In addition, there will be...
- Flags, balloons, bouncy castles & ice creams.
- A tea tent – bring your own picnic.
- Displays about interchurch projects in our town & how to get involved.
- Networking with people to talk to about new possible projects for the town.
- Opportunity to get to know other Christians.
- Update on forthcoming Love in Action prayer events.
- Afterwards, you might even like to make a day of it and stick around for Farnham Town Council’s ‘Music in the Meadow’ from 2pm.
Kids in school years R to 6...
Between 11 am and 12 noon we will be providing a fun kids programme in the Vineyard Centre for children in school years R to 6. If you would like your kids to attend, please pre-register this will speed up the child check in process. Further information will be sent on registration. For parents with smaller children, feel free to take them to play in Gostrey Meadow playground during the Main Event.